April 29, 2020 – 10:30 to 12:00 PM (Central Time)
- $295/Group of 5 or more per webinar
Every city says it wants to be fiscally sustainable, environmentally resilient and socially inclusive. Yet, the daily decisions and investments our cities make rarely align with these outcomes. We’re left with fragile local economies, escalating service costs and deficits, and disconnected residents while frustrated city staff are stuck administering policies which create generic places citizens and businesses struggle to connect with and invest in. City leaders must find new ways to communicate these challenges and work strategically to address growing needs with limited resources.
In this 90 minute webinar, we will cover:
- How a city’s growth and development pattern is directly connected to its property tax revenue, service costs and infrastructure liabilities;
- How a city can use fiscal sustainability as a common language to frame discussions, inform decisions, and engage citizens;
- How a city can take steps to incrementally close the gap utilizing resources they have, starting today.
- AJ Fawver, AICP, CNU-A, CPM, Associate/Community Consulting Program Leader, Verdunity
- Kevin Shepherd, Found & CEO, Verdunity
Missed a TEDC Webinar click here to visit TEDC’s Webinar Library
2019-2020 ANNUAL SPONSORS
DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF ABILENE
AEP, AMARILLO EDC, CENTERPOINT ENERGY, LUBBOCK EDA,
ODESSA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, ONCOR, SHERMAN EDC
ALLIANCE ARCHITECTS, EDSUITE, ENTERGY, GREATER TEXAS CAPITAL CORPORATION,
HDL COMPANIES, IMPACT DATA SOURCE, THE RETAIL COACH,
TERRELL EDC, WAYMAKER GROUP
All TEDC webinars are recorded. If you miss the live webinar,
you can purchase the webinar recording to view at a later date.