Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation (MBREDC) is announcing FedEx Ground, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp., is expanding operations in Horry County in time for the holiday shopping season, bringing a $64 million investment and new jobs to the area.
FedEx Ground provides low-cost, day-definite package delivery service to any business address in the U.S and Canada, as well as residential delivery to 100% of U.S. residences. The company will lease and operate a 251,000 square-foot distribution center designed to efficiently optimize package capacity and better serve customers in the Myrtle Beach area.
The new building is located on Theater Drive on a 39.26 parcel in Myrtle Beach. The site was chosen because of its ease of access to major highways, proximity to customers’ distribution centers and a strong local community workforce for recruiting employees. The facility will employ a mix of full- and part-time employees that will adjust with seasonal demand.
For information on available positions and how to apply, visit fedexgroundjobs.com.
Horry County Council Chairman, Johnny Gardner, stated, “Horry County is excited to welcome FedEx Ground to Team Horry. For more than 3 years as chairman, I have witnessed huge growth in our economic development. FedEx Ground is proof that our county is flourishing and is a great place to do business. I am proud of our friendly business environment, great workforce, wonderful community, and successful businesses. We are honored and proud to have a Fortune 100 company select Horry County to expand and continue to grow. On behalf of Horry County Council and staff, thank you for believing in our community and we look forward to your success and growth.”
Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Chairman, Mike Hagg, said, “Today we celebrate another win for FedEx Ground and Horry County. Thank you to each person for the planning and hard work that made this possible. We celebrate a great company, investment in Horry County and more competitive paying wages for the workforce. On behalf of the entire MBREDC Board, staff, and partners, I would like to congratulate FedEx Ground on their new facility, past success, and future success.”
Five Fast Facts
- FedEx Ground is expanding operations in Horry County.
- FedEx Ground provides low-cost, day-definite package delivery service to any business address in the U.S and Canada, as well as residential delivery to 100% of U.S. residences.
- The company will lease a new 251,000 square-foot facility, in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Total project is $64 million.
- FedEx Ground is currently hiring 150 frontline package handler positions. Anyone interested can visit www.fedexgroundjobs.com and search “Myrtle Beach” to find information on the available positions including job summary, essential functions, and qualifications. In addition to competitive wages and a flexible schedule, FedEx Ground offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and parental leave, as well as tuition reimbursement after a minimum threshold of service.
The MBREDC is a public‐private partnership that works closely with new and existing industries, site selectors, and economic development professionals to promote economic growth in Horry County. Since January of 2012, the MBREDC has announced over 2,000 new jobs including announcements in advanced manufacturing, aerospace, back-office support, distribution, healthcare, and technology-related businesses. For more information, visit www.mbredc.org.
President & CEO
Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation