The company has invested an estimated $30 million in the project
Siloam Springs, AR — Simmons Feed Ingredients, an affiliate of Simmons Foods Inc., held a ribbon cutting ceremony for its 72,000-square-foot ingredient facility in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Since 2015, the company has invested an estimated $30 million in the facility where it will produce fresh and frozen meat ingredients for pet food manufacturers. The company expects the new facility’s operations will create 78 new jobs.
“This wet ingredient facility is a model for the future of high-quality ingredient production for pet food manufacturers,” said Todd Simmons, CEO at Simmons Foods. “This new facility enables our team here to safely and reliably produce the highest quality, customizable ingredients for Simmons Feed Ingredients’ customers.” Simmons Foods Inc. and Affiliates are producers of poultry, pet food and ingredient products. They are one of the state’s largest private companies and employs over 1,000 people in its Siloam Springs operations.
Mike Preston, executive director of the Arkansas Economic Development Commission, joined the Simmons leadership and local officials at the event. “Simmons Foods has a long history of investing in Arkansas,” said Preston. “Through the establishment of this new facility, the company is making another significant commitment to doing business in the state. Arkansas has a large presence in food processing and this expansion is a testament to our strength in this sector.”
City of Siloam Springs City Administrator Phillip Patterson also spoke at the event saying, “Siloam Springs is a thriving City that continues to meet the demands of a new world. With this new facility we celebrate new jobs, new opportunity and new growth for this community. We are proud to have Simmons Foods headquartered here in Siloam Springs.”
Founded in 1949, Simmons Foods has been known for its business foresight, innovation, and loyalty to its customers and community. Some customer relationships go back almost 50 years. In the late 1990s, the company began to concentrate on business-to-business customers.
“For over 65 years Simmons Foods has been a valued member of the Siloam Springs Chamber of Commerce,” said Wayne Mays, President and CEO of the Siloam Springs Chamber of Commerce. “Today, we continue to work closely on many job-creating projects and appreciate their efforts and commitment to our community.”
Those interested in employment opportunities at Simmons can visit simmonsfoods.com/careers.
About Simmons Feed Ingredients
Simmons Feed Ingredients, an affiliate of Simmons Foods, is focused on producing high quality animal nutrition for pet food, aquaculture and livestock. Through an integrated model that allows for maximum quality control, the company uses patented and proprietary processes to deliver top quality ingredients to our customers.
Simmons currently operates a feed ingredient facility in Southwest City, Missouri, along with an ingredient production facility in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. For more information on Simmons Feed Ingredients, visit www.simmonsfeedingredients.com.
About Simmons Foods and Affiliates
Simmons is a vertically integrated, leading supplier of poultry, pet food and feed ingredient solutions based in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Founded in 1949, the company and its affiliates remain a privately owned and family led business.
Simmons Foods works with farmers, communities, and employees to apply more than 60 years of experience to serving customers. With more than 5,800 employees across more than 30 facilities, Simmons is committed to providing innovative food products and services to the world. For more information on Simmons Foods, visit www.simmonsfoods.com.
WET INGREDIENT FACILITY FACTS
Simmons Wet Ingredient Facility is a model for the future of high-quality pet food ingredient production. The facility features unprecedented sourcing traceability, proprietary processes and innovative food safety systems to produce the highest quality, customizable ingredients for Simmons Feed Ingredients’ customers’ products. The company entered the feed ingredients market in the 1950’s.
July 31, 2017
Simmons Wet Ingredient Facility 1113 East Ashley Street
Siloam Springs, Arkansas 72761
- Opening Prayer: Chaplain Nick Braschler
- Phillip Patterson, City Administrator, Siloam Springs
- Todd Simmons, CEO, Simmons Foods
- Governor Asa Hutchinson, State of Arkansas
- Don Austin, Chairman, Siloam Springs Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee
By the numbers:
- $50 million: Estimated economic impact to the state of Arkansas
- 72,000: Estimated square footage
- $30 million: Estimated Simmons investment in the plant
- 78: Estimated full time jobs created
- 1,000+: Approximate total of Simmons team members in Siloam Springs
- 1949: Year Simmons Foods began
Design and construction:
- December 2015 groundbreaking
- Project partner: CRB Consulting (crbusa.com)
- Other partners: Shepard Construction, Central Electric, Southwest Vault, The Brandt Companies, Wiese Doors and Peachey Landscape Company.
Financing and Incentives:
- Supported by the Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC)
- Arkansas Advantage (Income Tax Credit): Supports job creation based on the payroll of new, full-time, permanent employees hired
- Tax Back: Provides sales and use tax refunds on the purchase of building materials and taxable machinery and equipment to qualified businesses
- $1 million grant supporting wastewater pretreatment operations at the facility
- Meat ingredients for pet food (beef, chicken, pork, fish)
- Custom blends and recipes for customers in ambient, refrigerated and frozen environments
- John Whatley, Sr. Director of Operations, Simmons Wet Ingredient Facility
- Jeff Webster, President and COO, Simmons Feed Ingredients
- Dan Henson, Vice President of Operations, Simmons Feed Ingredients
- Mike Buccheri, Vice President of Business Development, Simmons Feed Ingredients
For more information contact: Donny Epp, Communications Director, email@example.com