PRESIDENT OBAMA TO DELIVER KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Washington D.C. — The U.S. Department of Commerce will host the 2016 SelectUSA Investment Summit June 19-21, at the Washington Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C. The administration-wide effort will feature remarks from President Obama, Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of the Treasury Jacob J. Lew, Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez, and Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx.
This year’s Summit theme, “The Innovation Advantage,” will highlight American leadership in research and development, entrepreneurship, advanced manufacturing, and other areas. The innovative climate and diversity of resources across the United States contribute to global success for foreign investors.
During the two-day event, high-profile business and government leaders will share their insights on the latest innovations and trends in an effort to promote foreign direct investment, and support and create jobs in the United States. In addition to the six Cabinet Secretaries, speakers at the event include Under Secretary of Commerce Stefan Selig; Jeffrey Zients, Director of the National Economic Council; and David Donahue, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
In addition to the Summit plenary sessions, all nine breakout sessions are open to Summit-credentialed press. Members of the media interested in reporting on the Summit should register here. The media registration deadline is June 16, 2016.
WHO: President Barack Obama
John Kerry, Secretary of State
Jacob J. Lew, Secretary of Treasury
Penny Pritzker, Secretary of Commerce
Tom Kartsotis, Founder, Shinola
Dr. Ulrich Spiesshofer, President and CEO, Member of the Group Executive Committee, ABB Ltd.
Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, Ernst and Young
Tom Shoupe, COO, Honda of America Manufacturing
Dominic Barton, Global Managing Director, McKinsey and Company
For the full list of speakers, please view the Summit agenda.
WHAT: 2016 SelectUSA Investment Summit
WHEN: June 20th and 21st. To view the events and times, please see the Summit agenda.
WHERE: Washington Hilton Hotel
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
June 20 – Day One
8:45-9:00 a.m. Welcome Address
· Secretary Penny Pritzker, Secretary of Commerce, U.S. Department of Commerce
9:00-10:00 a.m. Plenary 1: The United States: Global Innovation Starts Here
Moderator: Mr. Jeffrey Zients, Assistant to the President for Economic Policy and Director of the National Economic Council, The White House
· Mr. Dominic Barton, Global Managing Director, McKinsey & Company
· Dr. Ulrich Spiesshofer, President and Chief Executive Officer, Member of the Group Executive Committee, ABB Ltd
· Mr. Erez Vigodman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
10:00-10:40 a.m. Armchair 1: Conversation with a Global Innovator
Moderator: Secretary Penny Pritzker, Secretary of Commerce, U.S. Department of Commerce
· Tom Kartsotis, Founder, Shinola
· Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, Ernst and Young
1:00-1:30 p.m. Keynote Address
· President Barack Obama, United States of America
3:00-4:00 p.m. Plenary 2: Risk-Taking and Resilience
Moderator: Governor Nathan Deal, Governor, State of Georgia
· Mr. Eugenio Madero, CEO, Rassini
· Mr. Pin Ni, President, Wanxiang America Inc.
· Mr. William Strang, President of Operations, TOTO USA
· Mr. Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, EY
4:40-5:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
· Secretary Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture
June 21 – Day 2
8:30-8:45 a.m. Welcome Address
· Secretary Jack Lew, Secretary of the Treasury, U.S. Department of the Treasury
8:45-9:45 a.m. Plenary 3: Access to Capital and the Future of Funding
Moderator: Stefan Selig, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
· Mr. Brad Burnham, Managing Partner, Union Square Ventures
· Mr. Rory Eakin, Founder and COO, CircleUp
· Mr. Nikolaj Hviid, Chief Executive Officer, Bragi GmbH
9:45-10:45 a.m. Plenary 4: Reimagining the Role of Technology in Business
Moderator: Ms. Natali Morris, Anchor, Code Forward, MSNBC
· Mr. Rod Drury, Chief Executive Officer, Xero
· Mr. Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, BlueChilli
· Mr. Laurence Kemball-Cook, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Pavegen
2:00-2:30 p.m. Closing Remarks
· Secretary John Kerry, Secretary of State, U.S. Department of State
For questions, please call 800-424-5249 (toll free) or 847-996-5829. You can also email SelectUSA@experient-inc.com