Prince William County, VA — Prince William County’s Innovation Park is set to welcome its newest tenant – BerkleyNet, a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, one of the nation’s premier insurance providers. BerkleyNet has outgrown its current headquarters location in Woodbridge, Prince William County, and chose Innovation Park after an extensive search throughout Northern Virginia. Its new facility to be located at 9301 Innovation Drive, Manassas, will accommodate all 125 current employees as well as provide ample opportunity for future growth.
Due to be completed in 2017, its new 70,000 square foot facility, which will be known as BerkleyNet Center @ Innovation Park, promises to be a state-of-the-art showpiece that will be a benchmark for future development in the Corporate Park according to developers, Buchanan Partners.
“After four renovations to our existing office, it’s time to move our operations into a space that allows for improved collaboration and efficiency, creating a better fit for our corporate culture,” said Jim Gilbert, President & CEO of BerkleyNet, “We are happy to have found a location that will allow us to keep our roots in Prince William County.”
Innovation Park, which is also home to the George Mason University Science and Technology Campus, has experienced substantial growth since its inception and, with close to thirty corporate and institutional tenants, it has developed into a virtual employment center and engine of economic growth, creating over 2,000 jobs.
“We are excited to be able to retain BerkleyNet here in Prince William County and to accommodate their future growth at their new headquarters in Innovation Park. BerkleyNet’s expansion is a testament to our outstanding workforce in the County, particularly in the area of information technology. I’m confident that BerkleyNet’s new location will attract other technology based companies to the Innovation Park area,” said Corey A. Stewart, Chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors.
“The addition of BerkleyNet, which is a technology-based insurance provider, will no doubt enhance the existing ecosystem of science and technology companies already located in Innovation Park,” said Jeff Kaczmarek, Executive Director, Prince William County Department of Economic Development.
“This announcement has come on the heels of some other recent exciting developments within Innovation Park. The addition of new restaurants; the conversion of the historic Thomasson Barn into the County’s first destination brewery and beer garden by the 2 Silos Brewing Company; and the potential location of a commuter rail stop by the Virginia Railway Express, all bode well for the future of Innovation Park and its evolution into a virtual town center,” added Kaczmarek.
BerkleyNet is a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation specializing in workers’ compensation insurance delivered through the internet. Working with select insurance agents and brokers, BerkleyNet leverages technology, underwriting and claims expertise to deliver real-time workers’ compensation solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. For more information, please visit www.berkleynet.com.
- Located less than 20 miles from the nation’s capital, Prince William County encompasses a total area of 348 square miles.
- Prince William County is the 2nd largest and 4th fastest growing county in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Prince William County’s favorable blend of large land parcels, multi-use zoned sites, incentives, reliable power and ample fiber optic availability coupled with the lowest programmable computer taxes in the region, make it an ideal location for businesses seeking a location in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- 75% of Northern Virginia’s 1.5 million workers live within a 30 minute one-way commute to the center of Prince William County during rush hour.
- Prince William County provides access to an outstanding talent pool of highly-skilled, culturally diverse labor; 42% of the workforce has 4-year degrees.
- Prince William County carries a AAA bond rating from all three of the major credit ratings agencies (Fitch, Moody’s and S&P).
The Prince William County Department of Economic Development offers services to support and promote existing business expansion and attract new businesses to PWC. For more information, the Department of Economic Development can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at (703) 792-5500, or via fax at (703) 792-5502.